Cathode rays the invisible negatively charged particle emitted from the cathode, when potential difference across electrodes of tube is 15 KV and air pressure inside it is 0.01mm of Hg.
Cathode rays are negative charge particles, they are emitted from cathode. cathide rays are produces form anode when the electricity in there is 15KV and air pressure is 0.01mm of Hg. they are paticles like nature. They can’t regarded as electromagnetic wave,Because electromagnetic wave are speed equal to light but they aren’t speed same as speed of light.
Properties of Cathode rays:
- Cathode rays are negative charged particles moving in from steam line .
- They are invisible.
- They are emitted perpendicularly from the surface of cathode.
- They are affected by both electric field and magnetic field .
- They are travel with the speed of 1/10th of speed of light.
- they are independent to poison of anode.
- They produces ionization effect and fluorescent effect.
- Cathode rays when incident upon target metal of higher atomic number it produces light.
- They produces heating effect in the the materials upon which they Striked.
Q.1) why cathode rays are not regarded to electromagnetic radiation?
ans, cathode rays are not regarded as electromagnetic radiation because of the following fact.
- Electromagnetic radiation travel with the speed of light but cathode ray travel with 1 by 10th speed of light.
- Electromagnetic radiation do not carry any charge where as cathode ray carry negative charge .
- Electromagnetic radiation is not affected by presence of electric field and magnetic field where is cathode rays are affected by electric field and magnetic field .
- Cathode rays emits radiation when they are in motion but electromagnetic radiation do not emits radiation .
Q.2) What is cathode rays?
ans, Cathode rays the invisible negatively charged particle emitted from the cathode, when potential difference across electrodes of tube is 15 KV and air pressure inside it is 0.01mm of Hg.
1)What is Arrhenious Concept?